July 18, 2013

Belated Birthday Gifts!


My birthday was June 22, but my lovely Aunt from Philadelphia just came to visit and just gave me my belated birthday gifts. Needless to say, she definitely knows what I like! 

 One of the gifts I received from her was a box filled with one hundred postcards with different VOGUE covers through out the history of VOGUE Magazine

 Next I got a beautiful bracelet which is decorated with different vintage advertizement posters. I saw this in a bookstore/cafe near South Street in Philly and my Aunt remembered that I really wanted it.

 She also got me another bracelet and coin purse from one of my favorite stores, Ten Thousand Villages. All of the items they sell are handmade and come from all around the world. Ten Thousand Villages creates opportunities for artisans in developing countries to earn income by bringing their products and stories to their selling markets. All through fair trade. The beaded bracelet was created by artisans from Bali through a nonprofit organization called Yayasan Mitra Bali. The kitenge coin purse is made by artisans in Tanzania.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! May be you are searching free birthday gifts and deals? Try it! It's totally Free! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?